window.location.replace("http://henryhappened.com/?b2w=http://henryhappened.blogspot.com/2011/03/bye-bye-paci.html"); -->

This Page

has been moved to new address

Bye Bye Paci

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
henry happened: Bye Bye Paci

Monday, March 7, 2011

Bye Bye Paci

Remember my fit that prompted another attempt to lose the paci?

After 3 1/2 years, I think we are finally there. Ok, I'm a little afraid to be too optimistic here but feel the need to celebrate. Her step down program included "borrowing" Henry's paci and finally, a toothbrush.

Caroline will probably turn into a nail biter or need some sort of therapy for her oral issues. 

When she asks, 'But what can I put in my mouth?' I search for a substitute among the detritus in her crib. This includes: a rosary (we are not Catholic), a notebook, 4 baby dolls, a large stuffed tiger, a stuffed bear appropriated from Henry's birthday party, half a dozen books, 4 blankets, Dora & Diego. There's got to be something in there to chew & gnaw on, right? Blue Baby's hat will have to do.

I am SO GLAD to be done with that thing. I dreaded the sound of it crashing down from her crib onto the hard wood floor, knowing I would be summoned any second to retrieve it. The drool (see photo), the stinky morning breath, the grime encrusted in the corners. Yuck.

I've told her "You're a big girl!" enough times that I know what's next - a big girl bed. Bring it on!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At March 8, 2011 at 10:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yay for Caroline--quite an accomplishment big girl!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home