window.location.replace("http://henryhappened.com/?b2w=http://henryhappened.blogspot.com/2012/05/ive-been-having-thing-for-neon-lately.html"); -->

This Page

has been moved to new address

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
henry happened

Thursday, May 17, 2012

 
I've been having a thing for neon lately - especially yellow. Looking through my Pinterest "likes" it seems that almost all of them include my new favorite color! So when I saw this Asos ring I thought it would be fun to dip into my (ever growing) clay stash to re-create my own neon ring. A simple statement accessory is a great way to get in on the neon trend.  

What you'll need:  

1. Neon colored clay  

2. Square or circle rings with recessed base. Both available at major craft stores. I found the square ring in the same aisle as the clay. 
3. Glue

Instructions:  

1. Knead the clay in your hand until it softens. Then turn over your ring and press into the clay.

   

2. Cut out the shape with a smooth knife and trim until it fits into the ring. Bake according to clay package directions.  

3. When it comes out of the oven, make sure it easily fits into the ring. While it's still hot you can trim to fit if needed.

4. Once it cools, glue into place.  

The result!
 
Aak! Does my hand seriously look like that?
 

Because I love short hair bling, I made a few neon bobby pins as well. I didn't really wait for the glue to dry before taking pictures (I'm a little impatient) but the Tacky Glue dries clear and does a good job of holding. You can also use E-6000.  

For more fun with clay, check out this necklace or these colorblock bracelets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home