Momiform | Hospital Outfits
We were in major "get ready for baby" mode this weekend. Henry's room is almost ready for a roommate (can't wait to show you!) and I think we have everything we need. By the way, it's amazing how much LESS stuff we've purchased for baby #3. Being the planners that we are, we gave away most of our infant equipment - swing, Bjorn, bouncer, etc - and most of it we've realized we don't need. Or we bought it used or borrowed this time around.
Now to get ready for the hospital...
I am the worst at planning ahead for this kind of stuff. Hence zero in-hospital pictures of me with either of my kiddos. This time around I'm determined to get a decent photo of me and the baby.
- Button up pjs - Oh so nice to wear something comfy that is also breastfeeding friendly.
- Slippers - For making the waddle to the bathroom at 2 a.m. a little easier.
- Labor mix CD - Mark made this for Caroline's birth, and the doctor remarked that she'd never delivered to Madonna before.
- Dry shampoo, lipstick, bobby pins - My day 2 camera ready plan.
Packing for baby: Baby doesn't really need much at the hospital because I love the little hat and burrito blanket they keep baby in. But you need a little something for photos and going home.
- Baby book - I'm terrible at keeping up with baby books but those little footprints are a must.
- Gifts from siblings - The kids had a blast picking out a little something for the baby this weekend. I want to pack them to make sure I have them on hand when they visit.
- Favorite blanket & gown - I've never been a big fan of grown-up looking going-home outfits for a 2-day old. These are my favorite baby gowns and swaddling blankets that I give to every new mom I know - they are life savers!
Going home outfit:
- Favorite maternity outfit - It's so depressing to come home in maternity clothes. I'm so sick of them all that I want to have a bonfire in the backyard. But this is my most comfortable go-to.
- Nursing tanks - I will live in these Target tanks for the first year.
- Red lipstick - All the glam I need!
- Camera - not pictured (in use!)
- Goody basket for nurse staff - I always mean to send a thank you to the nurses and, of course, get home and lose my mind. This time I'm bringing an easy muffin/fruit concoction with me.
- Champagne - Definitely a must for toasting the new arrival.