window.location.replace("http://henryhappened.com/?b2w=http://henryhappened.blogspot.com/2011/08/how-to-brighten-blonde-with-kool-aid.html"); -->

This Page

has been moved to new address

How to: Brighten Blonde with Kool-Aid

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
henry happened: How to: Brighten Blonde with Kool-Aid

Monday, August 8, 2011

How to: Brighten Blonde with Kool-Aid



My hair took a beating at the beach. Salt, sand, and sun add up to dry, dull hair. So I'm trying some cheap, easy at home tricks to brighten things up a bit.

My hair is very blonde - about as blonde as the poor color ladies can get it. (This seems to get harder and harder as I get older!)

I discovered in InStyle that products with purple tints keep it from turning brassy or fading too quickly. To brighten hair at home, you can use Grape Kool-Aid!

For an all-over boost: Add 1/4 tablespoon purple Kool-Aid powder to 4 Tablespoons of shampoo. This is a ton of shampoo - way more than I'm guessing you usually use - so enjoy a big ol' lather. Rinse thoroughly. And rinse the tub too to make sure no purple remains.

For highlight help: Mix 1 tablespoon with 1/2 cup conditioner. Coat your hair and let it sit for 5 minutes. Rinse thoroughly.

I am totally sold on this tip. Not a trace of purple remained and my hair looked nice and bright white!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home