Recipe | Chocolate Banana Bonbons
I apologize for going MIA on Friday. For the past three weeks! Every Thursday I find myself needing to tune out the computer and do other fun stuff - like say, laundry. :)
Growing up my grandmother used to freeze bananas on Popsicle sticks and savoring that frozen treat after a long day of swimming is one of my favorite summer memories. Genius, right? So easy, cheap - and healthy! - and yet we thought we were having a gourmet dessert.
This weekend I found a recipe for mini sized frozen chocolate banana treats and had to try it. They did not disappoint! You can satisfy those sweet snack cravings without going overboard.
I had to fight off little hands in order to save a few for a photo. And next time I'm going to dip in peanut butter before the chocolate!
Chocolate Banana Bonbons
Recipe adapted from Clean Eating
- 2-3 bananas, cut into 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 1/4 cups chocolate chips. I highly recommend Ghirardelli chips.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals. Stir in between. You don't want the chocolate to burn.
- Dip one end of the banana pieces into chocolate. Place chocolate side up on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Put baking sheet in freezer for at least an hour.
- Eat right away or put in freezer bag.