window.location.replace("http://henryhappened.com/?b2w=http://henryhappened.blogspot.com/2012/03/my-sewing-phobia.html"); -->

This Page

has been moved to new address

My Sewing Phobia

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
henry happened: My Sewing Phobia

Thursday, March 15, 2012

My Sewing Phobia


Learning to sew has been on my wish list for a long time. See, I can just picture myself sitting at the sewing machine, whipping out curtains, cute dresses, and clothes for the baby.

But the poor sewing machine I bought - last fall! - still sits in its box, hiding in the closet.

The beginner class I signed up for got canceled. Then I bought the above book with all kinds of good intentions about tackling one new project each week. That was about 2 months ago.

What is my problem? What is it about this little machine that scares me so much? My mental block certainly feels irrational. So I've decided to do take a deep breath and do what does not come easily to me.

Ask for help.

I've offered to cook brunch/lunch/dinner - anything! - for a friend. The only caveat is that she must come over and help me get the darn thing out of the box! I can't seem to face it by myself.

You have no idea how ecstatic I would be to make a napkin. And that is, in fact, going to be my first project. No one will ever be allowed to use it.

Do you sew? Any advice for a newbie?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home