window.location.replace("http://henryhappened.com/?b2w=http://henryhappened.blogspot.com/2011/05/wear-5-derby-hat-and-fascinator.html"); -->

This Page

has been moved to new address

wear | $5 Derby Hat and Fascinator Tutorial

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
henry happened: wear | $5 Derby Hat and Fascinator Tutorial

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

wear | $5 Derby Hat and Fascinator Tutorial



My hat obsession continues! You've seen my pimped out hat and the easy newspaper version. This straw style is probably my favorite - and most wearable. Perfect for the Kentucky Oaks BBQ Party I'm going to on Friday!

And don't you love Caroline's headband - I made that one for Christmas.I'm attempting to get more pictures with me in them (what a concept) - it required a cookie bribe to get her to hold still for 10 seconds.

Anyway, for the hat I took a $1 Goodwill find and simply added ribbon (1 yard was plenty) and a large flower (cut off at the very top of the stem).


Also I couldn't resist taking on the fascinator that the lovely Kate has made so popular.


Yes, more black feathers (I think it's a Black Swan phase). I used one large group of feathers and several smaller loose ones. For this, I used an even smaller styrofoam ball than this one and glued it to the headband.


The center piece is a glass pebble with a bit of lavender paper Modge Podged on.


If only I were as photogenic as Kate! Which one do you like best?

Only 2 days left! Thanks for your vote - you can cast one daily! :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home