window.location.replace("http://henryhappened.com/?b2w=http://henryhappened.blogspot.com/2011/02/cooking-with-gwyneth-paltrow.html"); -->

This Page

has been moved to new address

Cooking with . . . Gwyneth Paltrow

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
henry happened: Cooking with . . . Gwyneth Paltrow

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cooking with . . . Gwyneth Paltrow

Images from Vogue

This spring Gwyneth has a new cookbook coming out called My Father's Daughter. And guess what? I'm going to interview her!!!!

At least, I think so. I hope so. My other favorite person on the planet, Lynn at BookPage, is working to set this up. Although I offered to go to London, GP's people have agreed to a 30-min telephone interview. Alas, a date has not yet been set. So keep your fingers crossed.

By some miracle, I received an advance copy of the book and set about cooking up a few of her recipes. First up: GP's signature dish, Perfect Chinese Roast Duck, and Bruce Paltrow's World-Famous Pancakes. Funny that these 2 happen to be relatively unhealthy, considering the GP is famous for her crazy diet regime.

Bruce's pancakes got the thumbs up from Caroline and her playdate Maddy. The biggest hit - the warmed maple syrup. The adults enjoyed how thin & light they were, with the perfect tang of buttermilk.

And my first attempt at roasted duck was not a total failure. The duck was great and even the hoisin sauce turned out damn good. But the homemade sesame pancakes were a total flop. Fortunately flour tortillas made a good stand in.

This week I'm going to channel GP with some stinky cheese and Galician Albarino wine (her favorite according to Spain . . . A Culinary Road Trip) while watching a marathon of Possession, Sylvia, and Great Expectations. 

I'll keep you posted on the interview - think happy thoughts for me!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At February 21, 2011 at 9:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so impressed you cooked a duck! What a super mom!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home